MSO10263 - K6 telephone kiosk, Wootton Courtney (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Telephone kiosk. Type K6. Designed 1935 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott. Made by various contractors. Cast iron. Square kiosk with domed roof. Unperforated crowns to top panels and margin glazing to windows and door.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265412. First Listed on 14/08/1989.  The building was visited in May 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 4A.  The kiosk is depicted and labelled on 2018 MasterMap data.  The kiosk is mentioned and a photograph is included in the 2003 Conservation Area Character Appraisal. 
- <1> SSO56 Index: 14/8/1989. 2nd amendment of 34th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset..
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <4> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM6951 Report: Fisher, J.. 2003. Wootton Courtenay: Conservation Area Character Appraisal. 12.
|Grid reference||SS 9384 4338 (point)|
|Civil Parish||WOOTTON COURTENAY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (4A): 444/6/128
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 17506
Record last edited
Aug 11 2020 5:17PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.