MSO10261 - K6 telephone kiosk, Timberscombe (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Telephone kiosk. Type K6. Designed 1935 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott. Made by various contractors. Cast iron. Square kiosk with domed roof. Unperforated crowns to top panels and margin glazing to windows and door.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265411. First Listed on 14/08/1989.  The building was visited in June 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 5A.  The structure is labelled "TCB" on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO56 Index: 14/8/1989. 2nd amendment of 34th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset..
- <2> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council staff comments. CJ Webster, Historic Environment Record, 28 November 2008.
- <3> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <4>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #41378 ]
|Grid reference||SS 9554 4207 (point)|
|Civil Parish||TIMBERSCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (5A): 444/7/126
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 17502
Record last edited
Jan 22 2020 11:17AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.