MMO938 - Open cast iron workings on Lype Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Open cast iron workings on Lype Hill. These features are undated, but likely to predate the 19th century Brendon Hills iron industry. Some of these workings are marked on the general map of mines contained within Sellick volume on the West Somerset Mineral Railway. (1-3)
- --- SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 (F62) 0143 27-APR-1964.
- --- SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 0143-45 23-JAN-1947.
- --- SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Sellick R, The West Somerset Mineral Railway.
- --- SMO7521 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NW. AF1129721.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9450 3711 (562m by 441m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132551 (Original Monarch entry:1132551)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9306
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW121
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132551
Record last edited
Jan 31 2013 10:22AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.