MMO728 - Extensive post-medieval earthworks to east of Woolcotts Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Extensive system of post medieval drainage features, field gutters and water meadows, lying to either side of an unnamed tributary stream of the River Haddeo, now partially submerged by the Wimbleball Reservoir. These features are associated with the post medieval farmsteads and settlements of Woolcotts, Hurscombe Cottages and Bessom Cottage and extend southward to link up with the drainage features described in MMO727. Centred at SS 9722 3169. These features are visible on vertical air photographs. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 1151-5 23-JAN-1947.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2082 3024-6 19-MAY-1947.
- <3> SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9715 3162 (1254m by 1112m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1120594 (Original Monarch entry: 1120594)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8923
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE55
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1120594
Record last edited
Oct 22 2018 1:20PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.