MMO564 - Post-medieval water meadow at Upcott Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A system of post medieval field gutters is clearly visible on vertical aerial photographs to the east of Upcott Farm. These features which are centred at SS 914 359, extend northwards to Quarme Bridge. 
- <1> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Somerset CC SMR 29 Sep 1986.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 4345, 4346.
- <3> SMO7521 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NW. AF1129721.
- <4> SSO1179 Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the Catch Meadow Irrigation Systems. 37.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9154 3609 (506m by 570m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1089208 (Original Monarch entry: 1089208)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11894
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8599
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW39
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1089208
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34472
Record last edited
Jul 26 2016 12:21PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.