MEM24839 - Post-medieval ditch north of Great Nurcott Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An earthwork ditch was noted on aerial photographs. It links a leat that runs upslope of a pond, which in turn fed the farm waterwheel. [1-4]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 4159-60 (23 January 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980 4347-8 (11 April 1947).
- <3>XY SMO7521 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NW. AF1129721. [Mapped feature: #46518 ]
- <4> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1999-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 26 February 2020.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9049 3641 (25m by 43m)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park Authority HER number: MMO840
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8609
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW75
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132209
Record last edited
Feb 26 2020 4:52PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.