MEM23126 - Westcott Farm (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The farmstead is shown on the Porlock Tithe Map and labelled Westcott. At this stage, it was in the form of five buildings. Of these, only the farmhouse still appears to be extant, although the building at SS 8525 4688 may include elements of a structure shown on the Tithe Map. The other buildings have been replaced by more modern structures. [1-4] The farmstead was visited in January 1997. The house has been altered but may include elements of a three room and through passage farmhouse, with a back lateral stack. The old farm buildings thought to be on the site had been converted, with the remainder 20th Century in date. 
- <1> SEM7162 Map: Cox, J. W.C.. 1841. Porlock Tithe Map and Apportionment. 13.3 inches : 1 mile.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap. Farm reference 86.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8527 4690 (151m by 154m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor Farmsteads Survey 1996-1997 (4): 86
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:15PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.