MEM22976 - Signpost southwest of Cross Lane Farm, Allerford (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A post-medieval guide post was visible on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. This was still seen on the 2014 MasterMap. [1-4] The signpost recorded here on the 2014 MasterMap data was visited in September 2015 and its condition assessed. It has SCC (Somerset County Council) repeated on the four sides of a pyramid finial. The attached fingers read: ALLERFORD BOSSINGTON 1 PORLOCK 1 1/2 A39 MINEHEAD 4 1/2 A39. This may or may not be the post shown on previous historic mapping. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM8093 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1933-1938. County Series, Third Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM8298 Unpublished document: Various. 2015. Exmoor and West Somerset Signpost Survey Pilot. SW1.
|Grid reference||SS 90489 46850 (point) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- Signpost Project Pilot 2015 (C): SW1
Record last edited
Mar 4 2019 1:41PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.