MEM22713 - Gate piers in Bratton Court Farmyard (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Walls and farmbuildings. Mid C19. Red sandstone random rubble, decorative brick cornice, hipped clay tile roofs over canted corners, sprockets. Plan: walls enclosing 2 foldyards on north front of gatehouse range at Bratton Court, canted corners flanking roadway to gatehouse, entrances to left and right with square gate piers and pyramid tops. English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265368. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  Stone, Random rubble walls.  The gatepiers were visited in June 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. They received a BAR score of 5A. 
- <1> SSO58 Index: 5/6/1985. 34th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9461 4632 (7m by 5m)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD WITHOUT, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (5A): 444/2/85/1
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31071
Record last edited
May 29 2014 10:57AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.