MEM21940 - Old School House or Dulverton Top School, Dulverton (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A 'School' is marked on the First and Second Edition Ordnance Survey map. [1-2] The building is now called the 'Old School House'.  The Old School House and Headmaster's Cottage is the site of the former Primary School. It was built in late 19th century style of stone rubble with a steeply pitched slate roof and imported dressed stone for openings, some with pointed arches.  The first Church of England school was built in 1860, up Catford Lane. It was known as Dulverton Top School, and later Dulverton First School, before it was replaced by All Saints School in 2000. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7580 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2011. MasterMap.
- <4> SEM6958 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. c.2003. Dulverton Conservation Area Appraisal. p20.
- <5> SEM7523 Monograph: Dulverton and District Civic Society. 2002. The Book of Dulverton, Brushford, Bury and Exebridge. Halsgrove. P.45, 48-54, Photographs.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9145 2806 (37m by 27m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Related Articles (1)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 28 2012 3:20PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.