MEM21923 - Rock House Inn, Dulverton (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
'Rockhouse Inn' is marked on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The Rock House Inn is located on Vicarage Hill.  Rock House Inn has original 19th Century frontage detail with a panelled entrance door with plain overlight. The sash windows have vertical glazing bars and narrower margin panes.  The Rock was converted in the 1800s, from a smithy.  The building is mentioned in the 2019 Conservation Area Appraisal for Dulverton. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1854-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7521 Monograph: Binding, H. + Bonham-Carter, V.. 1986. Old Dulverton and Around: Dulverton - Bury - Brushford - Exebridge. The Exmoor Press. p51-53, Photograph.
- <3> SEM6958 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. c.2003. Dulverton Conservation Area Appraisal. p5, 19, Photograph.
- <4> SEM7523 Monograph: Dulverton and District Civic Society. 2002. The Book of Dulverton, Brushford, Bury and Exebridge. Halsgrove. p43, 87, 93, 97.
- <5> SEM8699 Report: Pratt, N. and Thurlow, T.. 2019. Dulverton Conservation Area: appraisal document. Exmoor National Park Authority. p 12, 51, Figures 7, 60.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9155 2796 (26m by 16m) Estimated from sources|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 4 2022 11:26AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.