MEM21914 - The Bridge Inn, Dulverton (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
An inn is marked on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [1, 2] 'The Bridge' is marked on modern mapping.  Bridge Inn and Bridge Cottage are both early-mid 19th Century; the date of 1845 is marked out in the pavement cobbles. They are built of stone rubble, and the Bridge Inn has been rendered. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7521 Monograph: Binding, H. + Bonham-Carter, V.. 1986. Old Dulverton and Around: Dulverton - Bury - Brushford - Exebridge. The Exmoor Press. P.36, Photograph.
- <4> SEM7580 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2011. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM6958 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. c.2003. Dulverton Conservation Area Appraisal. p17, 18, 22, Photographs.
- <6> SEM7523 Monograph: Dulverton and District Civic Society. 2002. The Book of Dulverton, Brushford, Bury and Exebridge. Halsgrove. P.15, 43, 99.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9125 2783 (24m by 28m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 12 2017 11:47AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.