MDE21751 - 19th Century track south of quarry on Parracombe Down (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A track leading to 'Field 40' - 'public quarry' is marked out on the 1862 Enclosure Award and map for Parracombe Down. It runs from SS 6939 4430 to SS 6945 4443.  The track is visible on later mapping. [2-4] The track is not shown on the Tithe Map for Parracombe, when the area was unenclosed.  The track is not depicted on the 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SEM7970 Unpublished document: 1862. Parracombe Down Enclosure Award.
- <2>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #46104 ]
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <5> SDE89747 Map: 1839. Parracombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <6> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6940 4438 (50m by 144m)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62219
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/212
Record last edited
May 22 2019 8:50AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.