MDE21739 - 19th Century road west of Roe Barrow (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The road was recorded as 'private carriage and occupation road, no.42' on the 1862 Parracombe Down Enclosure Award and map. It runs from SS 6919 4427 to SS 6973 4433. The original width was marked out as 18 feet. [1,2] The road is depicted on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  It is not shown on the Tithe Map for Parracombe.  The road is extant on the 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SEM7970 Unpublished document: 1862. Parracombe Down Enclosure Award.
- <2> SEM8553 Unpublished document: Wilmshurst, F.A.. 2000. Enclosure Awards file and accompanying map overlays.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SDE89747 Map: 1839. Parracombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #46105 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 694 443 (545m by 76m)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62122
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/200
Record last edited
May 22 2019 8:52AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.