MDE21750 - Post-medieval public quarries on Parracombe Down (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The Parracombe Down Enclosure Award refers to a public quarry here and depicts a routeway leading to the site from the south (MDE21721).  The quarries are depicted but not labelled on historic mapping. [2-4]
- <1> SEM7970 Unpublished document: 1862. Parracombe Down Enclosure Award.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6943 4445 (23m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62218
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/211
Record last edited
May 21 2019 4:09PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.