MDE21735 - Woolhanger Road, Parracombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Road recorded as 'Woolhanger Road, no.22' on 1862 Parracombe Down Enclosure Award and map. Runs from point 'F' on the enclosure map at SS 6867 4610 to point 'E' at SS 6908 4572. [1,2] Visible as road on 1963 Ordnance Survey map.  The road was not extant on the Tithe Map for Parracombe.  The road is shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  It is also shown on 2020 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SEM7970 Unpublished document: 1862. Parracombe Down Enclosure Award.
- <2> SEM8553 Unpublished document: Wilmshurst, F.A.. 2000. Enclosure Awards file and accompanying map overlays. Parracombe Down.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4> SDE89747 Map: 1839. Parracombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <5> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <6>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #46743 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6886 4590 (414m by 381m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62118
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/135
Record last edited
Oct 14 2020 3:27PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.