MDE21722 - 19th Century road on Venford Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Road described as 'Public Carriage road, Allotment no.19' on 1856 Enclosure Award and map in Devon Record Office. New road laid out according to Enclosure Award, running along Venford Hill from SS 8650 2922 to SS 8647 2957. Visible as a road on the 1973 6 inch Ordnance Survey map. [1-3] The original road (MDE21723) is shown on the East Anstey Tithe Map dating from 1845.  The new road is shown on the 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SDE92046 Unpublished document: 1856. East Anstey Common Enclosure Award.
- <2> SEM8553 Unpublished document: Wilmshurst, F.A.. 2000. Enclosure Awards file and accompanying map overlays.
- <3> SEM7730 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1973. 1:10000, 1973. 1:10,000.
- <4> SEM8107 Map: Crispin, H.. 1845. East Anstey Tithe Map and Apportionment. 3 chains : 1 inch.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 864 294 (54m by 357m)|
|Civil Parish||EAST ANSTEY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
|Civil Parish||WEST ANSTEY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62094
- Devon SMR: SS82NE/62
Record last edited
Mar 26 2019 3:11PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.