MDE21718 - Medieval or post-medieval road across East Anstey Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Road to Dulverton. Described as 'Public Carriage road, Allotment no.20' on 1856 Enclosure Award and map in Devon Record Office. Runs from SS 8652 2922 eastwards to SS 8795 2852, terminating at the crossway leading to Dulverton. Original width marked out as 24 feet. Exists as road on the 6 inch 1973 Ordnance Survey map. [1-3] The roadway is depicted on the East Anstey Tithe Map running across the Common.  The roadway was in use in 2018. 
- <1> SDE92046 Unpublished document: 1856. East Anstey Common Enclosure Award.
- <2> SEM8553 Unpublished document: Wilmshurst, F.A.. 2000. Enclosure Awards file and accompanying map overlays.
- <3> SEM7730 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1973. 1:10000, 1973. 1:10,000.
- <4> SEM8107 Map: Crispin, H.. 1845. East Anstey Tithe Map and Apportionment. 3 chains : 1 inch.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 872 288 (1454m by 708m)|
|Civil Parish||EAST ANSTEY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62090
- Devon SMR: SS82NE/58
Record last edited
Mar 26 2019 3:10PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.