MDE20989 - Orchard House, 12 Watersmeet Road, Lynmouth (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
No 12 (Orchard House), Watersmeet Road. Mid 19th Century plastered l-shaped house. Wood casements, one splayed bay. Facing road is low pitched gable with ornamental barge boards.2 storey added wing with attic. Tea garden above road level, retaining wall of narrow coursed stone, limewashed.  Orchard House (no.12) is probably early 19th Century and rendered with slate roof. It is L-plan, with the gable end of the long wing fronting the street. An adjoining front gable to the left is set back with the entrance in the internal angle. Windows are mainly timber casement with mullions and transoms, some with small-pane glazing.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SMO5109 Index: Department of the Environment. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest . HHR: Lynton (3 Sept 1973) 19.
- <2> SEM6954 Report: Fisher, J.. 2003. Lynmouth: Conservation Area Character Appraisal. 17.
- <3> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7248 4932 (20m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 858/1/4/91
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 24068
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/129
Record last edited
Jun 16 2021 11:11AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.