MDE12818 - Mound, Brendon Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A circular turf-covered, earthen mound is centred at SS 7773 4384. It is 4.3 metres in diameter and 0.4 metres high. Its date and purpose are unclear, but it lies within an area used for military exercises during World War II. (1)
- <1> SMO5111 Unpublished document: Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England. Field Investigators Comment. Wilson-North, R. 04/08/1994.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7772 4383 (5m by 5m)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1042543 (Pastscape entry: 1042543)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SE 138
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1042543
Record last edited
May 2 2012 3:51PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.