MDE1272 - Possible prehistoric stone row on the East of Hoccombe Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Devon, SS 795 433, Hoccombe Hill east - a stone row. (The National Grid Reference falls on Trout Hill, Somerset, but the description shows is not a duplication of the Trout Hill settings).  The site of this alleged stone row could not be resolved. It may be that there is one on the eastern part of Hoccombe Hill but it was not traced during field investigation.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1>XY SMO4578 Monograph: Grinsell, L.V.. 1970. The Archaeology of Exmoor: Bideford Bay to Bridgewater. David and Charles Limited. 190. [Mapped feature: #47227 190]
- <2> SMO7320 Unpublished document: Quinnell, N.V.. Field Investigators Comments. Ordnance Survey visit, F1, 10 October 1974.
- <3> SMO7320 Unpublished document: Quinnell, N.V.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 30 November 1989.
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 35287, Extant 19 May 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 795 433 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=35287 (Pastscape entry: 35287)
- Devon SMR (Devonshire): SS74SE/20
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SE28
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 35287
Record last edited
May 19 2021 3:15PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.