Site Event/Activity record EEM14079 - 1993: TS - Hillslope enclosure at Holworthy Farm
A topographical survey of the site undertaken in 1993. It is described as an oval enclosure with a well preserved lynchet running north-west to south-east from its southern end.
- <1> SMO5362 Serial: Devon Archaeological Society. 1929+. Devon Archaeological Society Proceedings. No. 67 (2009), p43.
- <1> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 8 September 1993.
- <2> SEM7440 Monograph: Riley, H. and Wilson-North, R.. 2001. The Field Archaeology of Exmoor. English Heritage. p71-2.
- <2> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 910070, Derived 25 July 2016.
- <3> SMO4811 Technical drawing: Sainsury, I. & Wilson-North, R.. 1993. Holworthy, SS 64 SE 55/ink survey . 1:1000. Permatrace. Pen and Ink.
- <4> SMO5831 Collection: RCHME Exeter. 1993-1999. Exmoor Project.
|Location||Holworthy Farm, Parracombe|
|Grid reference||SS 6870 4433 (point)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
- MDE10889 Prehistoric hillslope enclosure above Holworthy, Parracombe (Monument)
Parent/preceding Site Events/Activities (1)
- EMO6590 1993-1996: TS - West Exmoor Project
Record last edited
May 5 2021 12:02PM