MSO12509 - Post-medieval tailrace at Wheal Eliza (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
To the east of the wheel pit (MSO12500) at Wheal Eliza mine (MSO6802) Burrow's plan shows a 19th Century tailrace for the wheel as two linear earthworks which continue for an unknown distance. [1-4]
- <1> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. Webster, C., April 1998.
- <2> SSO819 Unassigned: Burrow. 19.7.1979. site visit records.
- <3> SSO858 Article in serial: Burrow, I., Minnitt, S. + Murless, B.. 1980. Somerset Archaeology 1979. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 124. 136 (Measured Plan).
- <4> SSO406 Survey: SCC HBC 3.14.2.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7852 3808 (76m by 28m)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35711
Record last edited
Oct 23 2013 4:23PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.