MSO12508 - Post-medieval sheepfold at Wheal Eliza (Monument)
Please read the Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Burrow's 1979 plan of Wheal Eliza shows an 'old sheep fold' but his text does not mention it. This may have been connected with the 19th Century mine (MSO6802). [1-4]
- <1> SSO2068 Unassigned: Webster, CJ SMRO. Apr 1998. Verbal communication.
- <2> SSO858 Article in serial: Burrow, I., Minnitt, S. + Murless, B.. 1980. Somerset Archaeology 1979. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 124. 136 (Measured Plan).
- <3> SSO819 Unassigned: Burrow. 19.7.1979. site visit records.
- <4> SSO406 Survey: SCC HBC 3.14.2.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7837 3813 (23m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35710
Record last edited
Oct 23 2013 4:23PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.