MSO9092 - Possible late prehistoric finds at Bat's Castle (Find Spot)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
SS 989 421. A hammerstone and slingstones were found "on or near" Bats Castle by HW Kille. The hammerstone is in Taunton Museum. [1,2]
- <1>XY SMO4578 Monograph: Grinsell, L.V.. 1970. The Archaeology of Exmoor: Bideford Bay to Bridgewater. David and Charles Limited. [Mapped feature: #30656 ]
- <2> SSO1043 Article in serial: Dixon, J.. 1980. Somerset Parish Survey 3: Carhampton. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. Number 21.
|Grid reference||SS 989 421 (point)|
|Civil Parish||CARHAMPTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36945 (Pastscape entry: 36945)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SE42
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36945
Record last edited
Mar 3 2020 3:30PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.