MSO9064 - Possible spoil tips south of Northbrook Station (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The earthwork remains of two small tips located at SS 9813 3543. One is oval and the other elongated with possible traces of a shaft in the centre. They are both probably associated with the Smokey Bottom ironstone mine (NMR SS93NE 35).  Only amorphous earthworks remain on the site. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980/3837 11-APR-1947.
- <2> SMO6673 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93NE.
- <3> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. R Wilson-North 12 March 1999 RCHME Field Investigation.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9812 3542 (97m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1166813 (Original Monarch entry: 1166813)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO1187
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10106
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE125
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1166813
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13949
Record last edited
Mar 20 2014 3:26PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.