MSO8897 - Smarmoor Barn (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Smarmoor barn to the north west of King's Brompton Farm is derelict and has banks making a small yard or enclosure.  Named "Smarmoor barn" on OSAD 6" map.  The 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map shows that Smarmoor Barn used to be a much larger building. [4,5]
- <1> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 3533.
- <2> SSO258 Aerial photograph: September 19. HSL.UK.71-177 Run 95. 8756.
- <3> SSO1631 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division. 1962. 6" SS93SE.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9513 3344 (30m by 43m)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1118232 (Original Monarch entry: 1118232)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11860
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE22
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1118232
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34438
Record last edited
Jan 17 2013 11:52AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.