MSO8853 - Field called Flint Piece, Brompton Regis (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
This plot was called "Flint Piece" by 1841.  Flint is the local name for quartz.  There is no field evidence for an archaeological site in this locality, which is now occupied by a modern bungalow. 
- <1> SMO5110 Externally held archive reference: Externally held archive. Brompton Regis Tithe Map 1841.
- <2> SMO5103 Unpublished document: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division Field Investigators Comments. F1 GHP 11-AUG-65.
- <3> SSO1632 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division. 1962. 6" SS93SW.
- <4> SMO5111 Unpublished document: Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England. Field Investigators Comment. Riley H 1997 RCHME Field Investigation.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 948 314 (147m by 116m)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36717 (Original Monarch entry: 36717)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW9
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36717
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35769
Record last edited
Dec 20 2012 3:34PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.