MSO8853 - Flint Piece field, Brompton Regis (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
This plot was called "Flint Piece" by 1841.  Flint is the local name for quartz. [2,3] There is no field evidence for an archaeological site in this locality, which is now occupied by a modern bungalow.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SSO76 Map: 1841. Kings Brompton Tithe Map and Apportionment. 6 chains = 1 inch.
- <2> SMO7319 Unpublished document: PITCHER, GHP. 1960s. Field Investigators Comments. Ordnance Survey visit, 11 August 1965.
- <3> SSO1632 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division. 1962. 6" SS93SW.
- <4> SMO7322 Unpublished document: Riley, H.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 1997.
- <5> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 36717, Extant 9 May 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 948 314 (147m by 116m)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36717 (Original Monarch entry: 36717)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW9
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 36717
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35769
Record last edited
May 9 2022 10:51AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.