MSO8652 - Hill Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Deserted farm, Higher Rodhuish Road.  The boundary of this record has been edited to reflect the historic mapping available to the HER and has been brought back to the edge of the National Park boundary. The original farmstead did extend further to the east (see External Links; Somerset HER entry PRN 34281). The extent within the National Park shown on the Withycombe Tithe Map depicts seven buildings, four grouped around ST 0139 4069 (including MSO8639) and three at ST 0134 4063. By the time the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map was surveyed, only one building remained in the southern group and one had been removed from the northern group. The final southern building had been removed by the time the 2nd Edition map was surveyed, and it appears that the two buildings in the northern group in the northern corner of the area have been subject to alteration in plan form. [2-6]
- <1> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Somerset County Council SMR 29 Sep 1986.
- <2>XY SSO712 Map: 1840. Withycombe Tithe Map and Apportionment. [Mapped feature: #30951 ]
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
- <6> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. Catherine Dove, 1 May 2018.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 013 406 (161m by 149m)|
|Civil Parish||WITHYCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (2)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=975452 (Pastscape entry: 975452)
- https://www.somersetheritage.org.uk/record/34281 (Somerset HER entry: PRN 34281)
- National Monuments Record reference: ST 04 SW54
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 975452
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34281
Record last edited
Mar 13 2019 4:42PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.