MSO8639 - Hill Cottage (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A 16th century house.  The house is shown on the Tithe Map as part of a wider farmstead.  The house is also shown on the 25 inch 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [3,4] The house appears little altered since the Tithe Map was surveyed. 
- <1> SEM7987 Archive: English Heritage. National Monuments Record / AMIE / Monarch entry - viewable via Pastscape. 538990.
- <2> SSO712 Map: 1840. Withycombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 013 406 (16m by 16m)|
|Civil Parish||WITHYCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=538990 (Original Monarch entry: 538990)
- National Monuments Record reference: ST 04 SW82
- NBR Index Number: 78711
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 538990
Record last edited
Mar 12 2019 2:45PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.