MSO8555 - Upcott Cottages, Winsford (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Upcott Cottages are shown on Ordnance Survey maps of 1889, with buildings shown at SS 9155 3624 and SS 9160 3629.  On the current 1:10,000 Ordnance Survey mapping, only a single building survives at the latter National Grid Reference. Nothing is depicted at SS 9155 3624.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project.  The MasterMap data for 2022 suggests the building at SS 9155 3624 exists as a ruin, with the plan form of the structure depicted. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1854-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1889, Somerset 46(15).
- <2> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . C.1998 / 1:10,000 mapping, SS 93 NW.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1105272, Extant 3 May 2022.
- <4> SEM340925 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2022. MasterMap data. 1:2,500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9158 3627 (70m by 59m) (3 map features)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1105272 (Original Monarch entry: 1105272)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12623
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW61
- National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1105272
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35834
Record last edited
May 3 2022 1:32PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.