MSO8554 - Earthworks east of Upcott Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
- None recorded
A field of earthworks immediately east of Upcott Farm, centred at SS 9133 3596. The earthworks seem to represent removed field boundaries, several lynchets, and a possible building platform at SS 9129 3601. Found during field reconnaissance.  The possible building platform described above is visible on vertical aerial photographs and was plotted during the Brendon Hills Mapping Project. 
- <1> SMO5111 Unpublished document: Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England. Field Investigators Comment. R Wilson-North 4 Nov 1997 RCHME Field Investigation.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980 435-6 11-APR-1947.
- <3> SMO6667 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93NW.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9133 3595 (150m by 126m)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1105269 (Original Monarch entry: 1105269)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO653
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12622
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW60
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1105269
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35833
Record last edited
Jul 26 2016 12:20PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.