MSO8317 - Waterwheel at West Harwood Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
A wheel pit, 20 foot by 3 foot, together with the remains of hatch control is visible. It had an overshot wheel and from the position of the bearings it was rim geared. The water must have been brought across the lane by a flume but there is no sign of it. (1)
- <1> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. Warren, D. Somerset Industrial Archaeology Society. 23/11/1977,.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 932 402 (40m by 40m)|
|Civil Parish||TIMBERSCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Related Articles (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1086640 (Pastscape entry: 1086640)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11626
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SW56
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1086640
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34126
Record last edited
Mar 20 2014 3:54PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.