MSO7940 - 20th Century sheepfold on Porlock Allotment (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A 20th Century sheepfold is shown on the Ordnance Survey map of 1978.  This is not visible on the earlier 1962 Ordnance Survey map of 1962.  It is still visible on aerial photographs taken in 2010 and 2013. [4,5] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SSO1446 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1978. 1:10,000 Map, 1978. 1:10,000. Somerset SS84SW.
- <2> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560. Somerset, SS 84 SW.
- <3> SSO135 Aerial photograph: 1990. DAP QP10,11.
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. 2010.
- <5> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. 2013.
- <6> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 974849, Extant 19 June 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8450 4461 (69m by 33m)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=974849 (Original Monarch entry: 974849)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11569
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW120
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 974849
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33966
Record last edited
Jun 19 2021 10:21PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.