MSO7897 - Mesolithic flint on Aldermans Barrow Allotment (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Mesolithic Flint and chert scrapers, flakes, etc, found near Alderman's Barrow and donated to the County Museum, Taunton (Accession reference 56.A.4).  These were scattered surface finds from an area centred SS 837 425, and were found by Mr Hallam in 1956. [2,3] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SSO729 Article in serial: Anon. 1954-5. Additions to the Museum. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeology and Natural History Society. 99 and 100. P. 7.
- <2> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information. AD Hallam, Somerset County Museum, Taunton.
- <3> SMO5103 Unpublished document: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division Field Investigators Comments. GH Pitcher, F1, 9 July 1965.
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 36214, Extant 22 June 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 836 424 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36214 (Original Monarch entry: 36214)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11546
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6728
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6854
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7388
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW4
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 36214
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33941
Record last edited
Jun 22 2021 2:58PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.