MSO7610 - Possible Bronze Age cairn on North Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A probable Bronze Age cairn lies on North Hill at SS 94293 47649. It was recorded as part of the RCHME survey of the ENPA holding on North Hill. Full details in survey report.  The cairn referred to above  is visible on aerial photographs. The cairn is centred at SS 9429 4764 and measures about 7 metres in diameter. [2,3]
- <1> SMO5780 Report: Riley, H. and Wilson-North, R.. 1997. The field archaeology of North Hill: An archaeological survey of the Exmoor National Park holding.
- <2> SMO4069 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Oblique Aerial Photograph. NMR SS 9447/12 (21106/11) (9 Feburary 2001).
- <3>XY SMO7542 Archive: Severn Estuary Rapid Coastal Zone Assessment: SS 94 NW. MD000133. [Mapped feature: #46825 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 94296 47650 (21m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD WITHOUT, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1102280 (Original Monarch entry: 1102280)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO646
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12432
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NW97
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1102280
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35632
Record last edited
Nov 25 2020 9:55AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.