MSO7549 - Camp Reservoir, North Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A post medieval reservoir on North Hill, at SS 95654 46920, was recorded as part of the RCHME survey of the ENPA holding on North Hill. It was built by GF Luttrell to supply army Volunteer camps on North Hill. The reservoir is 22 by 10 metres with a wooden pump house at the east end. The west end has the insciption 'GFL 1890'.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO5780 Report: Riley, H. and Wilson-North, R.. 1997. The field archaeology of North Hill: An archaeological survey of the Exmoor National Park holding. RCHME.
- <2> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1100865, Extant 10 May 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 95662 46942 (34m by 16m)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (3)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1100865 (Original Monarch entry: 1100865)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12441
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NE52
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1100865
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35642
Record last edited
May 10 2022 9:25AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.