MSO7549 - Camp Reservoir (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A post medieval reservoir on North Hill, at SS 95654 46920, was recorded as part of the RCHME survey of the ENPA holding on North Hill. It was built by GF Luttrell to supply army Volunteer camps on North Hill. The reservoir is 22 by 10 metres with a wooden pump house at the east end. The west end has the insciption 'GFL 1890'. 
- <1> SMO5780 Report: Riley, H. and Wilson-North, R.. 1997. The field archaeology of North Hill: An archaeological survey of the Exmoor National Park holding.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 95662 46942 (34m by 16m)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (3)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1100865 (Original Monarch entry: 1100865)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12441
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NE52
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1100865
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35642
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:25PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.