MSO7515 - Quarries northwest of Luxborough (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The remains of two small adjacent quarries of unknown date were seen centred at SS 9723 3806. They were both seen surviving as quarried hollows and mapped from aerial photographs.  The quarries do not appear on the 1st or 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [3,4] Probably associated with Wescott Quarry (MSO7471). 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. SMR (Somerset) 969/9695 05-NOV-1981.
- <2> SMO6673 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93NE.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SSO2060 Unassigned: Webster, Chris Somerset Historic Environment Record. 31/1/2006. Staff comments.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9722 3806 (49m by 64m)|
|Civil Parish||LUXBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1166946 (Original Monarch entry: 1166946)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO1190
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10109
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE128
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1166946
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13952
Record last edited
Feb 13 2013 12:32PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.