MSO7510 - Post-medieval water meadow west of Chargot Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The remains of a fragmented water meadow system associated with the deserted medieval farmstead of North Colley Hill seen centred at SS 9660 3683. The water meadows survive as a number of ditches running along the hill side. They were seen as earthworks and mapped from aerial photographs. [1,2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980/4336 (11 April 1947).
- <2> SMO6673 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93NE.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1166572, Extant 27 April 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9654 3680 (388m by 186m) (2 map features)|
|Civil Parish||LUXBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1166572 (Original Monarch entry: 1166572)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO1179
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10098
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE117
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1166572
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33729
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13941
Record last edited
Apr 27 2022 4:57PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.