MSO7440 - Post-medieval water pumping mill at Woodcocks Ley Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The site of a post medieval water pumping mill at Woodcocks Ley Farm. A small overshot wheel was used to drive pump for farm water supply. It was in a small stone building, originally with a slate roof. Set into bank of pond. Wheel was 4.5ft diameter and 14" wide with 36 buckets made of metal. "Huxtable patent" on wheel. 
- <1> SSO1980 Unassigned: Warren, D. 1 Dec 1977. Somerset Industrial Archaeology Society.
|Grid reference||SS 8816 4507 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1127272 (Original Monarch entry: 1127272)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11353
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 NE24
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1127272
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33709
Record last edited
Mar 9 2020 11:10AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.