MSO7160 - Two post-medieval ironstone pits north of Stone Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Two probable iron pits were identified at SS 9302 3599 and SS 9328 3588 and were mapped during the Brendon Hills Mapping Project. [1-3] The pit at SS 9328 3588 is shown on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map as an earthwork. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF F61 543/2821 0145-6 (27 April 1964).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980 4342-3 (11 April 1947).
- <3> SMO6667 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93NW.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9315 3593 (293m by 141m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1105321 (Original Monarch entry: 1105321)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO654
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW62
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1105321
Record last edited
Mar 13 2018 11:23AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.