MSO12625 - Possible adit east of South Quarme (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The farmer at Luckyard Farm told of the discovery of an adit whilst constructing a pond. No sign of the adit or of any spoil heaps could be seen. [1,2] The features described above were not visible on vertical aerial photographs of the area. [3,4] There is no adit feature marked on the Exton Tithe Map, the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map or the 1962 Ordnance Survey map. [5-7]
- <1> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 4 November 1997.
- <2> SSO1871 Survey: RCHME. 1997. Exmoor survey. NMR site SS 93 NW 62.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF F61 543/2821 0145-6 (27 April 1964).
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980 4342-3 (11 April 1947).
- <5> SSO677 Map: 1838. Exton Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <6> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <7> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
|Grid reference||SS 9313 3600 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1105321 (Original Monarch entry: 1105321)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO654
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW62
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1105321
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35836
Record last edited
Mar 13 2018 11:23AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.