MSO7148 - Post-medieval adit in Barkham Great Plantation (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
An adit in Barkham Great Plantation measuring 14.2 metres across by 5 metres deep with a waterlogged channel. There are associated spoil mounds, the largst measuring 6.2 metres by 2 metres and 0.7 metres high. [1,2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SDE3410 Report: Claughton, P. F.. 1993. A List of Mines in North Devon and West Somerset. Claughton PF 1993 A List of Mines on North Devon and West Somerset.
- <2>XY SMO7304 Unpublished document: Chapman, H.P.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 22 March 1995. [Mapped feature: #30221 ]
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1053989, Extant 25 September 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 7827 3389 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1053989 (Pastscape entry: 1053989)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12565
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 SE60
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1053989
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35772
Record last edited
Sep 25 2021 8:24PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.