MSO7147 - Post-medieval adit in Barkham Great Plantation (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
6he remains of an adit in Barkham Great Plantation measuring 3.5 metres across by 8.5 metres deep and has an associated spoil mound of 1.1 metres high. There are several mounds further munds around the adit which may indicate further prospecting. [1,2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SDE3410 Report: Claughton, P. F.. 1993. A List of Mines in North Devon and West Somerset.
- <2>XY SMO7304 Unpublished document: Chapman, H.P.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 22 March 1995. [Mapped feature: #30220 ]
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1053978, Extant 125 September 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 7829 3392 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1053978 (Pastscape entry: 1053978)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12564
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 SE59
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1053978
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35771
Record last edited
Sep 25 2021 8:27PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.