MSO7072 - Post-medieval hollow ways south of Simonsbath (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
An area of hollow ways centred at SS 7710 3900 on the south side of the Barle valley near Simonsbath. They consist of a number of criss-crossing linear hollows 3 metres to 7 metres wide and 0.3 metres to 1.1 metres deep running up and down the steep natural slopes. The ways represent the former approach from the south of the crossing point on the river Barle at Simonsbath. Their course is continued southwards by hollow ways (MSO7078), and north of the River Barle by more hollow ways (MSO7077). 
- <1> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. RCHME Field Investigation, 28 October 1994.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7707 3895 (394m by 246m)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1029786 (Original Monarch entry: 1029786)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12542
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 NE62
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1029786
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35744
Record last edited
Mar 20 2014 3:03PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.