MSO6943 - Disputed undated enclosure north-east of Warren Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A roughly square enclosure is alleged to be situated northeast of Warren Farm, suggested from an aerial photograph.  No trace of an enclosure was found in the suggested area of rough pasture northeast of Warren Farm. The site may be confused with the nearby turf banks at MSO6942. [2,3]
- <1>XY SSO245 Aerial photograph: September 19. HSL.UK.71-177 Run 79. [Mapped feature: #30148 Disputed area of earthworks suggesting an enclosure., ]
- <2> SSO1384 Report: McDonnell, R. 1985. Recommendations for the Management…. 45 (site 254).
- <3> SMO5111 Unpublished document: Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England. Field Investigators Comment. Wilson-North W R 09-AUG-1994 RCHME Field Investigation..
|Grid reference||SS 7974 4099 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=867244 (Pastscape entry: 867244)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): 10953
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SE46
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 867244
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33092
Record last edited
Mar 21 2018 3:01PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.