MSO6943 - Disputed undated enclosure northeast of Warren Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A roughly square enclosure is alleged to be situated northeast of Warren Farm, suggested from an aerial photograph.  No trace of an enclosure was found in the suggested area of rough pasture northeast of Warren Farm.  The site may be confused with the nearby turf banks at MSO6942.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1>XY SSO245 Aerial photograph: September 19. HSL.UK.71-177 Run 79. [Mapped feature: #30148 ]
- <2> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 9 August 1994.
- <3> SEM7060 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1985. Recommendations for the Management of Archaeological Sites in the Exmoor National Park at Warren, Pinford, Tom's Hill and Hayes Allotment. 45 (site 254).
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 867244, Extant 26 May 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 7974 4099 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=867244 (Pastscape entry: 867244)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10953
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SE46
- National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 867244
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33092
Record last edited
May 26 2021 4:09PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.