MSO6283 - Bronze Age burial cairn and two clearance mounds southeast of Dunkery Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
A small cairn lies on the southeastern slope of Dunkery Hill at SS 91626 42292. It comprises a circular mound of earth and stones 5.5 metres in diameter and 0.6 metres high. Two clearance mounds close to this cairn at SS 91659 42268 and SS 91676 42332 are probably associated with the field system described under MMO2679. The monuments were surveyed using differential GPS as part of the RCHME Exmoor Project. 
- <1> SMO7322 Unpublished document: Riley, H.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 10 April 1997.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 91650 42299 (50m by 64m) (GPS derived)|
|Civil Parish||WOOTTON COURTENAY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1082406 (Pastscape entry: 1082406)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10228
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SW84
- National Trust HER Record
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1082406
- Somerset SMR PRN: 16281
Record last edited
Jun 29 2016 2:37PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.