MSO12156 - Rowe Farmhouse (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early on rubble. Double Roman tile roofs, gables, brick and stone chimney stacks. Two storeys, irregular L-shaped plan. North-east front to farmyard breaks forward in three sections: right hand side has single six light window with leaded glazing, central section, two windows, 2 and 3-light to first floor, one 3-light window below with ga led porch. Left side with single modern 2-light dormer window and similar window to ground floor. All windows are metal casements in wood frames with leaded lights.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264751. First Listed on 04/08/1983.  The buildings were visited in December 2013 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. They received a BAR score of 6.  The building is marked on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <4>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #41308 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9828 4440 (17m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/3/118/1
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35023
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 12:25PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.