MSO12151 - 34a (Thyme Cottage) and 34b (Willow Thatch), Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early 19th century frontages. Colourwashed rendering, hipped thatch roof. Two storeys. Three windows, sashes with glazing bars, exposed frames, 2 doors in square-head recesses.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264746. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  The building is situated within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The buildings were visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. No 34a received a BAR score of 5 and 34b a score of 6.  The buildings are depicted and labelled "34a" and "34b" on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p22.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39183 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9892 4343 (17m by 18m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (5): 26/4/113/1
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/113/2
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35018
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 12:33PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.