MSO12148 - Hartlip House, West Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early 19th century frontage. Stucco, ashlar quoins, rubble gable, modern concrete tiles, eaves, end gab les. Two storeys. Three windows, sashes with glazing bars, flush frames. Central recessed panelled door in elliptical head opening with arched fanlight, later tiled hood on brackets.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264743. First Listed on 06/11/1975.  The building is situated within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted on 2018 MasterMap data but is unlabelled. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p22.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39182 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9896 4348 (19m by 12m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/110
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35015
Record last edited
Mar 29 2021 8:52AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.